Monday, August 27, 2012

It's Been a While

Welcome back!

It's been a while since I have been here. I guess I needed some space to think about life
for a while. Sometimes I just need to breath a different kind of air once in a while. It's funny, you know. Sometimes I just need to look at life from a different perspective and I start seeing all the news I could do things.

This past spring I shared some great moments with some beautiful people. Creating a production that just sticks with me. It's not that I want it go away, it just moved me to a new direction in my life. I was challenged by the need to see others grow in new directions in their lives. Not just as actors, but as people contributing to the greater good.

Playwright Jeffrey Sweet
Court Martial at Fort Devens, by Jeffrey Sweet, was an amazing production that I thought could stand the test of time. There was something about the deliverance of the piece. The production allowed me to shed a few layers, that I had been carrying around with me. I felt so much lighter after the production was over, but I found myself missing all these beautiful people who shared my life with me. I found a greater understanding for thoughts that really didn't have a real meaning. Learning how to grow in new ways, and experiencing another one's culture was powerful. The After show discussions were just amaZing. As a producer, the work is often goes un-notice of what it takes to a production together. However, there are times when life brings you full circle several times over and you realize that you have been doing something truly meaningful. The experience was well worth it. I have 4 adopted daughters from the production that I cherish. They have come to be close just from being part of a family who cares for one another.  Sharing and succeeding all together is such a nice feeling.

It speaks for itself!
Three Rivers Community College SPAG event With Jeffrey Sweet.

Christopher Hickson
Char Vereen
Electrifying Jason Vance



The Stunning Joresa Blout

Patricia Riddick
 


The Powerful Lesley Billingslea
Stephanie Williams
The Fabulous Naza Usher

Captivating Yolanda Florentino
On The Stand




Changing those bandages
Christine Thomson

A Conversation with Dad

Orderlies!
The Face off
The Singer...




No comments:

Post a Comment