Friday, October 19, 2012

Zora Neale Hurston and the Elections

As I came to my quiet moment of tonight I glanced past a connection to the election and my zest for Zora and her works. Over several weeks I have been reading the passages of Zora's most famous works. Breathing in each word like it was my last, and finding a sense of wisdom in her words. 


Her journey of being a writer, pushing to find her rhythm and stride. Not caring what others thought of her, but what she thought of herself and her discoveries of being a women in her day. 

It's much like I view our first lady during these times. Being out there and ready to fight for what matters most. Her journey of being and shaping the dreams she has for herself.  I sometimes many women don't put themselves first, and they should. It's nice to she the first lady putting herself first. Being healthy, of body, mind and soul.

One of the quotes that moves me so....

"If you want that good feeling that comes from doing things for other folks then you have to pay for it in abuse and misunderstanding."

Her smile says the world is all mine.


Saying it simply,

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment